On Sunday 26 October 2008, Neko wrote:
> its shows that some poor trolls here dont own ultraportables with no
> external drives, and use more than one os alternative.
>
> i pass data from bsd to fat 32 so in m$ its then copy onto ntfs,
> i have 1 disk - 8 os,
>
> nothing is being done , but more and more ultraportables sells,
>

> yes it could be resolv into using an ext2 partition instead, but that
> is not resolving a problem its going around it covering eyes and
> ears.
>
> my stuff works, its just a pain , and ffs driver in windooz cant
> read more than one disklabel.  bsd suggest using more than one
> partition, in that problem , one is the solution,  next time i wont
> RTFM, and do as i see fit because their more opinions than guidlines.
>
> now as for backwards bsd. why does freebsd write to ntfs? why does
> osx write to ntfs..  seems to me that is more some obstination done
> not to support it.
>

> shure im doing it wrong , because nothing is being done.
>
> but shure a color-ls.pkg is more important if you ask me, SARCASTIC
>
> neko

neko,

Your impolite off list response to me was one thing, but publicly
calling Ted Unangst a troll is pure stupidity. Ted is one of the people
kind enough to give you OpenBSD.

The only good thing about you being stupid enough to put 8 operating
systems on one disk is the people on this mailing list have an 87.5%
chance you'll decide to use some other OS, uninstall OpenBSD,
unsubscribe from misc@, and your pointless bitching will end.

You and everyone else dumb enough to run the read/write NTFS code
offered by ntfs-g3.org or similar are only one "Windows Update" away
from corrupting all your data. The NTFS file system is intentionally
undocumented, so Microsoft can, and will, change their internal NTFS
specification whenever they want. This means your misguided use of the
ntfs-g3.org code can start destroying your NTFS data whenever Microsoft
decides they want your data destroyed.

Microsoft very intentionally tries to make sure their products are
undocumented and incompatible for two reasons; (1) it allows Microsoft
to lock-in the end users, and (2) some end users and some free software
developers are dumb enough to burn up all their time and resources
attempting to attain and maintain compatibility with Microsoft's ever
changing undocumented crap.

There really are people in the world smart enough to avoid wasting their
time with intentionally undocumented and incompatible crap from vendors
like Microsoft. You are obviously not one of them. You are not even
smart enough to understand the real problems caused by running a sad
hack to access an undocumented file system that the vendor can change
at any moment. Worse yet, you're dumb enough to bitch and complain
because OpenBSD is smart enough to prevent you from shooting yourself
in the foot with unreliable file system code.