On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 12:01:40PM -0700, Chris Kuethe wrote:
| On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Matthew Weigel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| > Actually, (2^32)-1, or 4GB, is the max size per file
| > (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314463).  I can see that being a problem if
| > you're trying to run a database off of your thumb drive, but otherwise...
can
| > you give examples of files that you (or anyone you know) would like to
access
| > in Windows and OpenBSD that exceed this limit?
|
| dvd images are often >4.2G

I agree with Chris here .. the only time I've wanted to transport
large files between windows and basically !windows (macosx, linux and
*bsd) they were ISO's of either regular CD's (works) or DVD's (doesn't
fit in fat32).

Happened to me on a couple of occassions that I wanted to do this and
had to resort to network transfers (non-optimal in those
circumstances).

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/