So I tried pinging to the unreachable subnet from my router with pf
disabled. The address is resolved by the DNS server I have listed, but
I still get no response. I ping that IP address and it doesn't want to
respond (destination unreachable). This is with pf disabled too, so I
can't blame pf. What else can I blame?

However I find that I can ping the 184.159.35.xxx subnet. I even
played around with the netmask changing it from 255.255.255.0 to
255.255.0.0, but that didn't seem to help.

So I can ping hosts on my own public IP subnet, I can ping hosts
outside of 184.159.xxx.xxx like google etc, but I can't ping hosts
within 184.159.xxx.xxx itself aside from 35. We actually have other
computers on the 184.159.35.xxx subnet and they can reach all hosts on
all subnets, no problem. For that, we're using a standard netgear
gigabit router.

What else can I change on ifconfig to tweak with this?

Thanks,
Vivek