Just checking to see if anyone has tried OpenBSD on either of
these laptop models

Toshiba Satellite A305-S6909
Lenovo 3000 G530

and if so, how much success they had. The Toshiba shows this
on the graphics:
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

The Lenovo shows this:
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500

No mention of Nvidia, so that's a plus. I'd rather have the
Toshiba since it has a bigger hard drive and more ram for
the same price, but I know from reading on the list that
Lenovo is generally more compatible with OpenBSD than most
laptops. I also know that you're usually better off going
with an older model since there's been time to test it, write
drivers, code, etc., for it, than with a relatively new model.
I have an ancient Toshiba but it's really not up to the task
anymore except maybe to use as a secure email station, etc.
I searched through the mailing lists archives but found no
mention of either model listed above, so any comments, advice,
and so forth much appreciated.

Denny White

() ASCII ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
GnuPG key  : 0x1644E79A  |  http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net
Fingerprint: D0A9 AD44 1F10 E09E 0E67  EC25 CB44 F2E5 1644 E79A