On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 07:35:34PM +0800, Jeffrey 'jf' Lim spoke thusly:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Denny White <denny...@cableone.net> wrote:
> > Just checking to see if anyone has tried OpenBSD on either of
> > these laptop models
> >
> > Toshiba Satellite A305-S6909
> > Lenovo 3000 G530
> >
> > and if so, how much success they had. The Toshiba shows this
> > on the graphics:
> > Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
> >
> > The Lenovo shows this:
> > Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500
> >

> Perhaps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA#GMA_X4500 might be able
> to give u some hints?
>
> -jf
>
> --
> In the meantime, here is your PSA:
> "It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not
> help."
>     -- Andrew Fear, Software Product Manager, NVIDIA Corporation
> http://kerneltrap.org/node/7228

Okay, jf, thanks. I checked it out. Good info. I guess my original
message was a bit misleading. I just stressed the graphics part since
I see advice given all the time to stay away from Nvidia, so I just
wanted to clear that up early on, to show what graphics hardware was
being used. My main concern was if there were any other problems like
with suspend, sound, whatever. I should've been more clear. My bad.
Way, way too late in the wee a.m. hours when I wrote the message.

Denny White

() ASCII ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
GnuPG key  : 0x1644E79A  |  http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net
Fingerprint: D0A9 AD44 1F10 E09E 0E67  EC25 CB44 F2E5 1644 E79A