For my work I have to look at web pages EXACTLY as they appear on Windows (with the same appearance, dimension and spacing).

With OpenBSD 4.1, I disabled fonts antialias and recompiled the FreeType library with the patented TrueType hinting. It worked perfectly, and msttcorefonts appear exactly as they do on Windows.

Now I tried to upgraded my desktop PC to OpenBSD 4.5, but I wasn't able to activate the TrueType hinting.

I have commented out the "#define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_UNPATENTED_HINTING" line in "xenocara/lib/freetype/include/freetype/config/ftoption.h" and recompiled the library. The change had some effect because the library changed it's size, but there was NO change in font appearance.

I tried with Firefox, Thunderbid, Pidgin... They all continue to show ugly fonts (without hints).

What I missed?
Please give me any hint, I cannot remain with 4.1 forever... :-(

Thanks.

    __
   |-                      giann...@neomedia.it