Hi,

I am very much hoping that I could get the input of a kind sole out there, or even to send me a working configuration is find. But I spend the last three days on/off to try to get the virtual alias/domains working on smtpd and I can't get there.

I read the man page no less the 20 times, google and all. Eve saw the changes in alias done a few days, ago. 13 now.

Even the latest fix here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/misc@openbsd.org/msg90204.html

Or the few example here:

https://calomel.org/opensmtpd.html

I try on 4.5, 4.7 and after the fix posted 13 days ago, I did try on current as well.

I even empty a bottle of wine tonight to calm me down as I hit the wall a few times and I am getting upset. May be I don't understand the english as it should be, but for me, there is something missing in the man page that I can't break yet.

I try no less then may be 100 variation on possible, and very unlikely possibility to get this working, but I cant get there.

I set up two servers to test, one with 4.5 one with current and even test on 4.6 a few times.

I strip to the minimum, but frankly, I hit the wall. It got to be the most stupid missing details, but please any help would be great. I can't figure it out with the docs I read so far and believe me I read a hell of a lots so far.

Below is what I understand, I guess at this time that should work as writing all that I tried would be way to long.

What am I missing?

Here are the details:

Now tested on current on sparc 64.

I have multiple domains for testing and ll.

All DNS are ok.

I see the incoming right.

I get constant errors at the receiving end:

May 11 21:07:45 spamtrap smtpd[24488]: 1273626465.PixuMJ6IS1qoctUk: from=<dan...@presscom.net>, relay=smtp1.realconnect.com [66.63.3.242], stat=LocalError (530 5.0.0 Recipient rejected: dan...@opensipd.com)

I can deliver local mail to local user on that box.

I try to setup virtual users on that box, or virtual users forwarded to remote address as well for testing.

That I can't get there.

Putting anything in /etc/mail/aliases and doing the newalias will not do it.

The simplest configuration as I understand it based on the man page and I even removed any tls stuff as well to keep it simple should be:

mail to root@ the hostname will work, no problem.

I create the virtual.db file with a single line as follow:

# cat virtual
dan...@opensipd.com: dan...@presscom.net

makemap -t aliases -o /etc/mail/virtual.db /etc/mail/virtual

the smtpd.conf have this:

listen on "lo0"
listen on "dc0"

map aliases { source db "/etc/mail/aliases.db" }
map "virtual" { source db "/etc/mail/virtual.db" }

accept for all relay
accept from all for local deliver to mbox
accept for domain "opensipd.com" alias "virtual" deliver to mbox

But the above isn't right and give configuration errors.

Even if the man page suggest it should be possible;

for domain domain [alias map]
          This rule applies to mail destined for the specified
          domain.  This parameter supports the `*' wildcard, so
          that a single rule for all sub-domains can be used, for
          example:

          accept for domain "*.example.com" deliver to mbox

          If specified, map is used for looking up alternative
          destinations for addresses in this domain.

May be I don't understand that part properly.

Anyway, putting:

accept from all for domain "opensipd.com" alias "virtual" deliver to mbox

give errors as well.

accept from all for virtual "virtual" deliver to mbox

give no success either.

even f there isn't any error at the start.

I still get the :

530 5.0.0 Recipient rejected: dan...@opensipd.com

Even trying this for a test;

accept from all for virtual "virtual" relay

will not go.

Or this;

accept from all for domain "virtual" deliver to mbox

no error at startup, but still no go.

Anyway, I got a very long list of variation and all kind of trial and nothing works for me so far.

Please anyone can tell me what actually works in a step by step as long like what ever I read just do not give me the answer and I am at a lost to get it going.

It got to very very stupid and I am sure I will beat myself over the head when it's working, but I can't get it, or understand the man page properly.

Some small details is definitely missing for me to get it and may be a very small additional example in the man page might help lost sole like me.

Anyone have a small amount of time to graciously offer me to light my candle here?

Best,

Daniel

PS; I didn't put all the variation I tried in the last three days as many were just plan stupid, but I tried anyway just in case. I just can't get there.