On 5/17/10 4:41 AM, Gilles Chehade wrote:
You are confusing me :-)

I am very sorry! That's the last thing I want to do.

So, I will try to make it very short and as clear as I can. (;>

I simplify the configuration to the minimum and as I still not able to get the virtual part working, I try something below that is simple and appear to be logical to me. If I am wrong, then take the 20 pound hammer and beat me over the head with it. I can't see it!

if I have the following smtpd.conf:

listen on "lo0"
listen on "dc0"

map "vdomains" { source db "/etc/mail/vdomains.db" }

accept from all for local deliver to mbox

#accept from all for domain "opensipd.com" deliver to mbox
#accept from all for virtual "vdomains" deliver to mbox

accept for all relay

The only two things I will do here between the restart of smtpd are to either comment out only one or the other below:

#accept from all for domain "opensipd.com" deliver to mbox
#accept from all for virtual "vdomains" deliver to mbox

one at a time to test it.

With

accept from all for domain "opensipd.com" deliver to mbox
#accept from all for virtual "vdomains" deliver to mbox

No other changes, I can send email to

r...@opensipd.com

and I get it into the root local account.

That works.

now, if I reverse it:

#accept from all for domain "opensipd.com" deliver to mbox
accept from all for virtual "vdomains" deliver to mbox

I should be able to get the email in the same local root account if the vdomains have the following in it:

# cat vdomains
r...@opensipd.com root

and I had created the vdomains.db with the makemap as this:

# /usr/libexec/smtpd/makemap -t aliases vdomains

Am I not understanding this properly?

It got to work right?

But it doesn't. I always get the error:

530 5.0.0 Recipient rejected: r...@opensipd.com

I haven't been able to get the virtual to works once and I can't say how many variation I did. Way to many to list them and a few totally stupid as well, but just in case I tried.

So, isn't the above is valid and should work as a simple test?

Daniel