On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:41 PM, patrick keshishian <pkesh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> you mean applying the errata47.html patches? If so, are you certain
> your source tree is tagged OPENBSD_4_7 and not anything else?

Do I understand you correctly? I am not building releases. I am
installing/downloading the sets; then I do all the stuff in 'Upgrade
guide', then

rm -Rf * in /usr/src
rm -Rf * in /usr/xenocara
rm -Rf * in /usr/ports,
and then tar ... the source files meticulously as pointed out in the guide:
# cd /usr/src
# tar xzf ../sys.tar.gz
# tar xzf ../src.tar.gz
# cd /usr
# tar xzf xenocara.tar.gz
# tar xzf ports.tar.gz
and then download the patches into /usr/src, then applying them....
and this is what you would see in the serial log.
So I don't tag, because I don't cvs; what i do is just download the 4
files. (Also see my other post, it points clearly to the sequence and
the reboots done, with always checking pfctl after each reboot.)

Uwe