On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 04:33:34PM +0800, Uwe Dippel wrote:

> When you are under 'quality control', and responsible for the
> uptime of a system, you would never do anything out of the scope of
> instructions, naturally. especially not some rm -Rf * in a directory
> of your arbitrary choice.  ;)

if this is so important:

a) reinstall, don't upgrade
b) learn to read logs and understand what you are doing

> And don't point me to man release, please. I am not doing releases,

but, actually, you are.  you're just skipping lots of it.

> have been making this mistake for 5 years. So, rm -Rf * in /usr/obj is
> necessary?

learn the system and tools you use.  is it necessary?  depends on the
history of the machine in question.  I bet you built pfctl at least
once before, no?

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org