Yes, It's a little complex but is a requirement to guarantee a little bandwidth to the user. (and of course use the remaining unused bandwidth).

There is another way?

Thanks for the reply
On 07/09/10 15:14, James Peltier wrote:
----- Original Message ----

From: Hermes Ojeda Ruiz<hermes....@gmail.com>
To: misc@openbsd.org
Sent: Tue, September 7, 2010 12:09:03 PM
Subject: Re: Distribute bandwidth by IP's

Sorry, if my explanation don't have enough details.

- The internet  connection is an E1
- There are ~150 users (IPs)
- The company give full  internet access to the clients. With no service
restriction.
- There only  a C class LAN.

E1 --- OpenBSD Firewall --- LAN with ~150 IPs

The  problem is to distribute equally the bandwidth to the users.  My
first  approach is a CBQ rule by user giving a minimum bandwidth quote
and using  the "borrow" option, to use the remaining bandwidth when some
users don't  waste the bandwidth. But the number of rules is so big.

I hope that my  explanation can be useful.