On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 15:51, Sean Kamath <kam...@geekoids.com> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2011, at 12:06 PM, patrick keshishian wrote:
>>> It supports Postscript, and even has it's own lpd running so that you
>>> can FTP files to it to print.
>>
>> You keep saying and thinking that it supports post script. It does
>> not. Otherwise feeding it a postscript file would print the document,
>> not the postscript text/source.
>
> A really minor nit: The printer *may* support PostScript, but only in a
> sp34ecific fashion.

Yea, the printer doesn't do "Postscript" (ARRRGGHHH!), but after I
configured cups, which was not too painful, I've been able to print
the .ps file, and the .pdf file that I had created earlier.  I was
even able to print the .png that I had in the directory.  I printed
across three pages, but it printed...  the only thing that didn't
print was a .doc that I had, which did not print in kword, but
libreoffice works just fine.

Honestly, this is leaps and bounds ahead of where I was two weeks ago.

I still want to figure out the lpd, but for now, cups is working fine
with the ppd supplied by Brother...