On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 11:48:31PM +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Gilles Chehade <gil...@poolp.org> wrote:
> >

> > Providing mail.log + smtpd -dv -T <sometrace>, helps us get things fixed
> > faster, and they can be enabled / disabled at runtime through smtpctl.
> >

> I've turned off tracing on that machine because mail.log kept becoming
> massive. I should try turning on one of the tracers at a time though, and
> eventually maybe I'll find it.

No need, Eric and I spent some time tracking it yesterday and we spotted
two leaks, one in the smtp process and one in the lookup process.

I was able to reproduce the smtp leak on my workstation and I have fixed
it yesterday evening. The lookup leak I haven't found a way to reproduce
yet but I can observe it on a production server so I will track it today
and fix unless eric beats me at it.

> > One last advice: don't run a *devel* snapshot on a *critical server*
> > unless you know how to fix or cope with eventual bugs. There's a
> > reason why we have stable releases and why we ask people to *test*
> > our snapshots... it's because they may have bugs.
>

> I was originally doing this, but there were a few big bugs as well in the
> latest stable that in fact the snapshots are a lot more stable. I realize,
> of course, there's a price to be paid for running prerelease code on
> critical servers, let alone code of a fairly new MTA. So it goes.

Big bugs in the latest stable ?

We're unaware of a big bug in 5.3.3 otherwise we would have fixed it and
published 5.3.4, we had no bug report, what bug were you experiencing ?

If you guys run into issues on a stable version and you let us know, the
issues are fixed in priority. We don't do that with devel versions, they
are expected to have bugs since the goal is to test and track them.

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg