On 26/10/2013 01:37, Denis Fateyev wrote:
> The default value should be then `/etc/opensmtpd` since we agreed during
> the last conversation with Charles, that package should be called
> "opensmtpd" in portable.
While the name is the same in /var/spool and /etc by default and I can
override the both it's perfect.

> And as mentioned before, we definitely
> shouldn't touch "%{sysconfdir}" for such things like setting
> "smtpd.conf" location.

- And it's the source of the problem...
- This is definitely not a good idea since...
- we definitely shouldn't touch...

I disagree. It's the purpose of this variable! sysconfdir is the path to
your package configuration directory after installation. Not a kind of
global system one! It's not the path to directory containing the passwd
file. It's the path where you expect to have your files after a
_classic_ make install.[1]

For what other reasons do you want to use this variable?

[1] http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Directory-Variables.html

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://www.seblu.net