Sorry, will expand:

We're in between two LibreSSL releases which is why the LibreSSL you're
using is not compatible.

When LibreSSL 3.0.2 is released, it will automagically build with it.
LibreSSL 3.0.1 development version is already working.

LibreSSL remains our target for both OpenBSD and portable but we're kind of
in a time warp right now in between two versions.