October 26, 2019 1:23 PM, "Reio Remma" <r...@mrstuudio.ee> wrote:

> On 26/10/2019 14:18, Reio Remma wrote:
>
>> On the subject of catch all aliases, I tried adding one to my setup > with
>> odd results.
>>
>> My usual setup with virtual users:
>>
>> action deliver_lmtp lmtp "/var/run/dovecot/lmtp" rcpt-to virtual >
>> <virtuals> userbase <userinfo>
>>
>> match from any for domain <domains> rcpt-to <recipients> action >
>> deliver_lmtp
>>
>> To get catch all working, I had to remove rcpt-to <recipients> from > the
>> match:
>>
>> match from any for domain <domains> action deliver_lmtp
>>
>> Otherwise the response was: 550 Invalid recipient: <a...@abc.abc>
>>
>> One I removed the actual catch all alias and sent mail to a > non-existent
>> account, the usual:
>>
>> 550 Invalid recipient: <a...@abc.abc>
>>
>> turned into:

>> Any ideas how I could use a catch all alias _and_ get a proper 550 > Invalid
>> recipient if I don't?
>
> This is all with the current (v6.6) portable from a week ago or so.

This error occurs when aliases expansion encounters an error during its
processing,
there's not enough info here to understand what happened in the expansion loop:

- it is likely a table content issue either in virtuals or in userinfo table or
both
- using `smtpd -dv -T expand` will help you understand what went wrong during
expansion

Gilles