• Kirill Miazine [2023-12-15 10:11]:
In my previous mail I failed to realize that the colon is needed for
aliases(5) so we can't "just" get rid of it.  (thanks Kirill for making
me noticing it -- I completely forgot that file tables split on : too.)

I don't have any other ideas.  Maybe we can try to be 'smart' and not
split on : if the line starts with a "[" character, or maybe that's just
too magic.

split on : only if it is followed by whitespace would work, no?

or maybe don't split as long as key is between [ and ]?

and make sure ipv6 addresses are enclosed in [], to avoid confusion with addresses ending in :