Hello,

I noticed that DSNs generated by OpenSMTPd use "Content-Type: multipart/mixed", instead of "Content-Type: multipart/report", as defined by RFC3461 (and described in RFC3464 and RFC3462). I wonder if there's a reason for that?

I haven only done a cursory review of the actual multiparts themselves, but they seem to (mostly) follow the mentioned RFCs with for example "Content-Type: text/rfc822-headers". However, if RET=FULL, the content type should be IMHO only "message/rfc822" and not "text/rfc822-headers", the latter seems to be currently used for both, RET=HDRS and RET=FULL. Need to read up on it more to get a clearer picture, though, I just started digging into it.

Either way... I think the RFCs should be followed, want me to prepare a patch?

I came across this, b/c I have an edge case where I need to filter
DSN (don't ask, some client's requirement), and it would be much simpler to identify such mails with that Content-Type: multipart/report.