How Team Obama Hijacked "Change"
And How We Can Take It Back
by Newt Gingrich

Two years ago, I wrote a book called Real Change. Today I want to tell you
about that book's successor, how the Obama Administration hijacked "change"
- and how we can take it back.
It all started in the summer of 2007 when part of one of my speeches was
posted on YouTube. It was a short, three-minute clip in which I explained the
difference between two Americas, one that works and one that fails, by
contrasting UPS and FedEx with the federal bureaucracy.

You can _see it yourself here_
(http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/3201396:4357800040:m:4:109550289:7D0D9672332C773DC9341A00A93EF520)
 . The
gist of the video is that UPS and FedEx are so capable and efficient they can
track millions of packages in real time. The bureaucracy, on the other
hand, can't locate the 10-20 million people who are in this country illegally.
Perhaps, I suggested, we should send them all a package.

The book that was inspired by the tremendous public reaction to this video
was _Real Change: From the World That Fails to the World That Works_
(http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/3201397:4357800040:m:4:109550289:7D0D9
672332C773DC9341A00A93EF520) .
Real Change Means "the Special Interests, the Bureaucracies, and
the Force of the Past Will Not Determine the Course of the Future"
Here's how I described what I wanted to accomplish with Real Change at the
time:

Real change must begin at the individual level, with each person deciding
that the special interests, the bureaucracies, and the forces of the past
will not determine the course of the future. Real change has to start with
families who don't want to see their quality of life decline even as they work
harder to maintain it. Real change has to start with citizens who say to
their families, friends, and neighbors that the time has come to insist that
their politicians change or they will change their politicians.

We must have been on to something because the presidential campaign that
was waged since I wrote Real Change was full of talk about change and promised
to end business as usual in Washington; to take the nation beyond the
bitter deadlock of partisan politics.
President Obama Promised to End the Influence of Special Interests in
Washington, Then He Gave 55% of Chrysler to His Union Supporters

Read more here   _no-re...@humaneventsonline.com_
(mailto:no-re...@humaneventsonline.com)
**************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on
tour at TourTracker.com.