From: missourilibertycoalition@googlegroups.com
[mailto:missourilibertycoalit...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of CathyM
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2010 11:15 PM
To: missourilibertycoalition@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [MoLiCo] Fw: Check out "Unfunded Pensions Force Property Tax
Hikes" on Patriot Action Network

You are right Tom.  And to further the problem it is the low income students
that require more resources because they don’t have food at home, personal
hygiene at home, or most the time parents who care what the children
accomplish in school (they look at school as a place to send their kids so
they don’t have to care for them).  To further this many children are
exposed to drug and alcohol consumption and production from inutero through
to whatever time they are removed from the home or escape due to age.  These
children have more problems with learning and attention that require more
teacher time and other resources (including paper and pencils – thank
goodness there is the program that Pitts started as it is a life saver for
many kids).

All of this comes from my own observations during teaching.  I love all
children, but I don’t love or even like most parents.  Parents that are
truly concerned about their child’s education are not that many.  And many
of those that do are afraid of confronting the school when things start to
go wrong for the child so you don’t know their concerns because they either
have fear of making it worse for the child or they have a fear of authority
figures and teachers are supposed to be that.

I don’t know what the answer is for education but something is going to have
to give.  Teachers can’t make a living and if required to be paid on student
performance many will just up and quit due to the problems of low-income
families that you can’t base your ability to earn a living on things that
you have no control over.

CathyM

Catren's Shar Pei

Catren's Leather Show Accessories

November 16, 2009 HSUS CEO, Wayne Pacelle, made the suggestion:
"...every "responsible breeder" is a "puppy miller", every "family farmer"
is a "factory farmer" and every "responsible hunter" is a "poacher"."
This is what HSUS really thinks about anyone involved with animals!
Don't donate and don't believe them when HSUS says they protect animals.

Kill "The Killing Fields" Bills of the HSUS
www.americanssupportinganimalownership.com
<http://www.americanssupportinganimalownership.com/>