Hey Everyone,

I have been reading over numerous bug reports on launchpad regarding cover
art as well as the spinning widget and I have noticed that there are
numerous different opinions on how they should be implemented. Below I have
summed up the different suggested ideas.
*
*
*Cover Art on Spinning Widget*

*for*                                                   *against*
-it would be a unique idea                  -can be distracting
 not seen in other DAWS.                  -signal quality for vinyl control
is already
-would work if we switch to                  displayed there.
 multi-state button to allow
 different options.
*
*
*Showing cover art with picture flow*

*for*                                                   *against*
-very simple to implement                  -scanning through many pictures
is a pain
-pictures help remember songs          -rather have a front to back dj
crate with
                                                        click-able art.
*
*
*My opinion*
I personally like the idea of having the cover art displayed on the
spinning widget but as a multi-state button as Daniel Schurmann suggested.
This idea involves having the option of displaying the regular spinning
widget, the cover art alone, or the spinning widget with cover art. I think
this would work best because it makes everyone happy and Mixxx more
customizable as by providing an option. Picture flow is an excellent idea
and even though it is very simplistic I think it gets the job done well; I
use virtual DJ and I believe the implementation of picture flow they use is
great. I also did like the idea of the front to back DJ crate where one
could click the cover art and move each album anywhere in the crate.

I am currently in the process of writing my proposal about picture flow as
well as the multi-state option for the spinning widget. Is this idea worth
pursuing?

Thanks,
James Fagan