No matter if we will continue to build Mixxx for XP or not, the
installer will not enforce XP support drop, so you will be free to
support XP or not.

That said, I personnally don't think it's a good think to passively
encourage people to keep XP.
Keeping XP support will exponentionnaly increase complexity over time.

regads,

---

Sébastien Blaisot

Le 03/09/2015 13:04, Daniel Schürmann a écrit :

> We are free to decide when it is the right moment to drop XP since Microsoft
> has reintroduced XP support into Visual Studio.
> It also looks like that there is no issue to compile QT 5.5 for Windows XP:
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/windows-issues.html [4]
>
> IMHO we should not drop XP support for no reason.

>>> 4. Can we get rid of windows XP Support ?
>>
>> 1.12 will be the last release supporting Windows XP.
>>
>> It is also the last release were it is possible to have a
>> Windows XP build.
>>
>> This is because Qt5 has dropped support for XP and the new
>> Virtual Studios that support C++11 don't support XP either.
>>
>> So for anything after 1.12 you should be free to ignore XP.

>> Monitor Your Dynamic Infrastructure at Any Scale With Datadog!
>> Get real-time metrics from all of your servers, apps and tools
>> in one place.
>> SourceForge users - Click here to start your Free Trial of Datadog now!
>> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=241902991&iu=/4140 [1]

> Monitor Your Dynamic Infrastructure at Any Scale With Datadog!
> Get real-time metrics from all of your servers, apps and tools
> in one place.
> SourceForge users - Click here to start your Free Trial of Datadog now!
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=241902991&iu=/4140 [1]

Links:
------
[1] http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=241902991&amp;iu=/4140