On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 04:18:36PM -0800, Steven M. Schultz wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Richard Ellis wrote:
>
> > splotches less intense, but they are still there.  If you want, I
> > can lavtrans out the first 30 or 60 seconds of the capture and
> > set it up
>
> I could take a look at it and verify  that it either happens or
> does not happen on my systems (and I've a G4 Powerbook so I could
> encode using the Altivec routines).
>
> If I provide an incoming directory can you push it to a system I'd
> set up?

If you'd still like a piece of the capture, I'll gladly push some
stuff your way.  But, in further experimenting tonight I think I've
found the culprit.  If I drop the -Q 4.0 parameter, then rc92 stops
producing the splotches.  It looks like rc92 has a different effect
(and a bad one at that) with the -Q parameter than what rc90 had with
the -Q parameter.