On Saturday 06 December 2003 19:48, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Richard Ellis wrote:
> > Those are the artifacts, and no, they are not in the original source
> > as far as I can see by playing the .avi with glav.  The original
> > source from the DC10+ card looks just as I would expect it to look,
> > nice and clean.
>
>       Well, I just encoded on a couple different platforms the clip that
>       was uploaded to me and I can't seem to reproduce the artifacting.

Gaahhhhh just what we need.  Another Heisenbug ;-)

Seriously, for stuff like this you almost invariably need the *precise same*
parameters and a similar platform as otherwise the numerics aren't identical.
I recall spending nearly 3 days tracking down an a sneaky overflow triggered
by very very white windows in a scene from a captured Episode of Lexx.

cheers,

        Andrew