With the same parameters as 1.6.1.92, I'm seeing terrible quality problems.

Parameters used:
mpeg2enc  -f 8 -q 5 -a 2 -g 6 -G 18 -E -10 -N 1.0 -z t -4 2 -2 2 -r 16 -o file.m2v

I'm seeing very poor quality on still scenes.  Faces are very blotchy.  Now I also use
yuvdenoise - I haven't made any determination as to whether it is the newer mpeg2enc
or newer yuvdenoise killing me, but it feels more like an mpeg2enc issue more than
anything else.  I also haven't tried using -R 2 - that is certainly a major difference
between 92 and 93.  I'll try that as well.  Anyone else experienced a major decline in
quality?

I'll let you know the result of some additional experiments.

-- Ray