Andrew Stevens wrote:
>>> Anyone got a recommendation for an inexpensive analog capture card that
>>> works well with mjpegtools?
>>      For inexpensive nothing beats a Canopus ADVC-110 (the -300 is good
>>      but I've come to the conclusion it's not worth the extra money over
>>      the 110).  Use dvgrab/kino to do the acquisition and editing.
>
> $229... inexpensive ... cough cough.  I've got MIPS and hard-disk space up
> the
> wazzoo but my living-room box has got firewire. I was looking more a
> recommendation for a straight analog capture card $50-$80 range....
Replace the LML with a used DC10/30/... then ebay.de ist your friend then.

The thing is that the PCI based solutions will vanish when you don't
have PCI in the mainboards any more.

On the other had at work we still !buy! new computers with ISA....
So it could be that the cards follow us for some more years.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard