Dealership clearances are great.
My brother picked up a lot of old stock from his local dealership for the very
same reasons. I picked up a lot of parts which were basically free including
brake rotors, spark plugs, distributor caps, etc.
My brother also picked up the old Micro Fiche machines which has a lot of the
old parts lists and exploded view diagrams from many of our older cars—I think
this was replaced by EKTA.

I’d picked up the 16V Dual Port Exhaust manifold and the 50mm(?) dual down pipe
from the dealership for the very same. I think I paid $20 each.

My most recent acquisition was a brand new 8V cylinder head for my Corrado
1.8ltr motor. It was the old stock at a dealership. I was already discussing
with a shop to rebuild my existing cylinder head. But the price of the brand
new one was less than the overall cost of the rebuild. So I’m buying the part
from the dealership.

-Les

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mk2-16v/B8BCD0F6-0299-4F23-A868-5364CCAF5312%40gmail.com.