Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-boun...@lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike
Baggaley <m...@tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 4. Februar 2018 15:14
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] max-jobs patch

Hi Gerd,

Please find attached a patch that amends the default behaviour if the
--max-jobs option is not specified, to using a value equal to the number of
CPU cores, as suggested in a previous post. The documentation is also
amended to reflect the change. This halves the execution time of mkgmap for
building a map of Staffordshire on my 8-core PC when --max-jobs is not
specified (I didn't know about this option previously and was unaware the
performance could have been improved).

Cheers,
Mike