Hi Gerd,
Hi Mike,

I gave it a try on all my maps (splitted with max-nodes=1.600.000).
Removed xmx and max jobs. mkgmap used all 8 logical cores and about 4GB
of memory. So it seems, Gerd was correct with the 500mb per job. So I
would suggest to limit max-jobs with 32bit java to 3 jobs and to
RAM/500mb on 64bit java. The used jobs should be minimum of both CPU and
RAM.

Regarding to higher amount of RAM I was mentioning before, I was calling
mkgmap with xmx=12G, maybe java is not freeing the heap in that case. It
was during dem-branch. Maybe during that time mkgmap wasn't also that
efficient.

Henning