Hi Felix,

I have to think about this for a while. There are three very short ways
connected in node 412440328:
way 130665733 : the northern node 1263658617 is close to a Garmin grid point,
the sourthern node 412440328 is also closer to this grid point than to any
other,
so both are rounded to the same grid point in the north, and finally it is
ignored.
way 110722884:  the way is only ~1m long and  both nodes are far from any
Garmin grid point. This is the way that is causing the trouble.
It is not removed, instead the initial rounding changes it to a ~3m way  going
north -> south.
way 130663479: the way has 3 nodes, and the one in the middle (node 1263658804)
is rounded to the same coords as the ends of the bridge (way 103567847) and way
110722884, while the northern node 412440328 is moved up.

I've attached 4 files to document the problem. Please load into JOSM to
visualize:
orig.osm.pbf: the original osm data
init_hp.osm.pbf: the road network as input to WrongAngleFixer in so called
"high precision"
init_mu.osm.pbf: like init_hp.osm.pbf, but rounded to Garmin map units
after-WO_mu.osm.pbf: the result of WrongAngleFixer with coords rounded to
Garmin map units
(please ignore the fact that the node ids in non-orig files are wrong)

Somehow I have to teach mkgmap that it would be better to ignore (also) way
110722884. I don't know yet what criteria I should use for that.
Normally we try to keep all routable ways, as they may contain access
restrictions.

BTW: There is more such trouble near way 111528851.

ciao,
Gerd