On Sep 24, 2010, at 11:57 AM, Hannes Wallnoefer wrote:

> Can I simply use the latest official JDK7 beta build? I'm on x86
> Linux. Any help is greatly appreciated!

In general, the JDK7 beta builds are not far behind the mlvm patch set, for JSR
292 work.  (By "not far" I mean a matter of several weeks.)  And since the API
is stabilizing, any remaining differences will matter less over time.

So, yes, the official JDK7 build is a good version to work with.

To see what's "in the queue", look at the series files:
  http://hg.openjdk.java.net/mlvm/mlvm/hotspot/file/tip/series
  http://hg.openjdk.java.net/mlvm/mlvm/jdk/file/tip/series

-- John