Thanks Jens. Yes, probably C# best for Windows, although from what Zachary
says below it seems worth investigating the use of the .NET port for other
platforms too..

I hear you about C++ - although JUCE is a great framework, after working
with C#, Ruby and Javascript, the complexity of C++ can really bog things
down. Although some of the new features of C++11 are nice. The reason I am
using C++ is that I'm working on cross-platform audio software.

I'm also really interested in Rust, it looks really promising, I actually
posted about it a few weeks ago on the JUCE forum but got no response. I
guess its all about how widely it gets adopted.

And - Apple open-sourcing Swift, would be great! Have a feeling they would
prefer to keep the gates locked on their walled garden...