Hi John,

Glad to see you are following our discussion. Btw. are you on the
MochiKit mailinglist, or should I keep cc-ing you explicitly when
there are issues for you?

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 16:41, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Obviously we can discuss this some more but my interpretation of [attr!
> =value] was that it was equivalent to :not([attr=value]).

My intuition is to agree with this.

> I got bogged down here recently but I'm starting back up (since I want
> to be able to land this for jQuery 1.3 this month). What sort of
> timeline are you guys on for your 1.4 release?

The current suggestion is to go into a two-week feature freeze asap
(so in they very next days I guess) and then release 1.4. The
Sizzle-based Selector will most likely not be a part of that, but I
think the intention is to release 1.5 pretty soon.

>> Right, I'm not sure what is best to do here. Should we rely on
>> querySelectorAll where it is available - simply to have the best
>> performance, or is identical semantics on all browsers more important?
>> For the latter there are two ways, don't use querySelectorAll (and
>> take the performance penalty) or strip out the features not supported
>> by it (and take the feature penalty).
>
> Right now there is no feature penalty to using querySelectorAll.
> Sizzle just falls back to the old selector code, if qSA doesn't know
> how to handle a selector. If something isn't working correctly in this
> regard then it should definitely be fixed.

Ah ok, I will have a look at Safari tonight and figure out what's failing.

>> Right, there are several "bugs" of this kind in Sizzle already.
>
> I'll look in to the one mentioned here.

I'll send you a patch with a few corrections (such as function (elem,
i, match) { .. m[i] .. // should be match[i] }) and stuff that I
noticed. Also see the bug about not removing processed parts from the
string which I sent you yesterday.

cheers,
Arnar