$ pacman -Qi libqmi libmbim linux modemmanager | grep -B 1 Version
Name            : libqmi
Version         : 1.20.0-1
--
Name            : libmbim
Version         : 1.16.0-1

I did see an occasional error in dmesg about that interface that happened when
I executed simple-connect - however during one of my tests I made sure that
wwan0 was brought down when I made the connection and the error didn't occur.
If this sounds related, let me know and I'll see if I can reproduce it (not at
my laptop atm, just happened to have the above info in my notes)