Aleksander Morgado <aleksan...@aleksander.es> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 2:55 AM, Steven P <peaste...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> $ pacman -Qi libqmi libmbim linux modemmanager | grep -B 1 Version
>> Name            : libqmi
>> Version         : 1.20.0-1
>> --
>> Name            : libmbim
>> Version         : 1.16.0-1
>> --
>> Name            : linux
>> Version         : 4.15.6-1
>> --
>> Name            : modemmanager
>> Version         : 1.8rc1+6+g0f377f94-1
>>

> Oh, well, yes, that is like the latest of the latest :)
>
>> I did see an occasional error in dmesg about that interface that happened
>> when I executed simple-connect - however during one of my tests I made sure
>> that wwan0 was brought down when I made the connection and the error didn't
>> occur. If this sounds related, let me know and I'll see if I can reproduce
>> it (not at my laptop atm, just happened to have the above info in my notes)
>>

> Any chance you can get us some ModemManager debug logs while
> reproducing the issue? See:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/
>
> Really would like to see why it couldn't switch the wwan to raw-ip in
> the kernel.
>
> Was the wwan0 interface down while you executed simple-connect?

wwan0 being up is the most likely cause.  But seeing the debug logs to
confirm this would be good.

I started thinking about solving this in the driver, but ended up
falling back to the original decision: The interface must be down.  This
is the way it is.  You should respond to any error when attempting to
write to the sysfs file.

Bjørn