On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Vivek Khera wrote:

> OB> I always thought ProxyReceiveBufferSize is supposed to be a
> OB> buffer size. I have it 1Mb  - FreeBSD, Apache 1.3.9
>
> No, that's the size of the system call buffer.  It is not an
> application buffer.

So how one should interpret the info at:
http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyreceivebuffersize

<QUOTE>
The ProxyReceiveBufferSize directive specifies an explicit network buffer
size for outgoing HTTP and FTP connections, for increased throughput. It
has to be greater than 512 or set to 0 to indicate that the system's
default buffer size should be used.
</QUOTE>

So what's the application buffer parameter? A hardcoded value?

Oleg, very you able to benchmark the buffer size change?

Stas Bekman    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC     http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org    modperl.sourcegarden.org   perlmonth.com    perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven    http://www.singlesheaven.com