From: Victor Zamouline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 5:44 PM

> - In 18 months, about 50 companies (including HP, Philips, etc.) => about
> 500 trainees (most of them sort of database programmers), I did not meet
**a
> single one** who had ever **heard about the existence** of mod_perl.

I've heard it before:  "mod_perl?  What's that?  Never heard of it.  And if
I've never heard about it, it must be a non-contender in the market."  It's
interesting how their ignorance is a matter of pride.

First use Netcraft to demonstrate Apache is the number one web server on the
planet.  http://www.netcraft.com/survey/  Okay.  Good.

Next use the E-Soft numbers to demonstrate the popularity of the various
Apache modules.
http://www.e-softinc.com/survey/data/200002/news.html#modules  Well, look at
that -- mod_perl in the top three, and growing quickly.  Gee whiz!

Given these figures, most web developers become less enthusiastic about
their mod_perl ignorance.  :-)

M@