> > > My suggestion would be to capture one of two of these tutorial sessions
> on
> > > audio tape(assuming employer consent), edit and sync them to a bunch of
> HTML
> > > slides and put the whole shebang on the Net...preferably right next to
> Stas'
> > > great guide. Some nifty examples of this are at...
> >
> > Hmm, that's what ORA did at the last Perl conference, although not with
> > mod_perl talks... They have prepared the audio/video recording of the most
> > popular sessions and made them available to the public. Not for free of
> > course.
> >
> > You probably could have done the same at the ApacheCon, but it's over
> > already.  Your next chance is the summer's OpenSource conference in
> > Monterey and the autumn's next ApacheCon in London.
>
> As I recall you gave the talk on mod_perl. Would you consent to have your
> tutorial session recorded for this purpose? Any other organizational
> permissions needed? I wonder if everything at the OpenSource conference
> becomes O'Reilly's copyright.

If I understand correctly the handouts and possible audio/video records
belong to the host of the conference. Therefore you should talk to them
about this issue. It can be ORA, Camelot or any other conference
organizer.

Another possibility is to organize a training session which will be hosted
by you for example and then you will be able to make the recording with
the only permission of the speakers.

Of course if your intention is to make money by selling the recordings,
you will have to pay a certain percentage to the "artists".

BTW, I think that if you are serious about doing this project, I believe
that the only way to do that is in the video format. It's hard to imagine
the slide and see where the speaker points to with his laser on the audio
recording. Audio format is fine for keynotes, but not for tutorials.

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide http://perl.apache.org/guide/
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org