> > "Jeffrey W. Baker" wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > > I can't answer your population questions, but I would say that I am an
> > > expert in mod_perl.  I hired two develoeprs who didn't know a whole hell
> > > of a lot about mod_perl, and I taught them all about it in five two-hour
> > > tutorials.  Maybe you could hire some smart guys and teach them the way
> > > of truth.
> </snip>
>
> I consider myself a perl/mod_perl newbie (have been for a long time, still
> trying to make that leap from "easy things are easy -> difficult things
> possible  :-) I get the sense that more than a few of the gurus on this list
> go thro this tutorial path for new hirees to bring them up to speed.
>
> My suggestion would be to capture one of two of these tutorial sessions on
> audio tape(assuming employer consent), edit and sync them to a bunch of HTML
> slides and put the whole shebang on the Net...preferably right next to Stas'
> great guide. Some nifty examples of this are at...

Hmm, that's what ORA did at the last Perl conference, although not with
mod_perl talks... They have prepared the audio/video recording of the most
popular sessions and made them available to the public. Not for free of
course.

You probably could have done the same at the ApacheCon, but it's over
already.  Your next chance is the summer's OpenSource conference in
Monterey and the autumn's next ApacheCon in London.

> http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/webcasts/
> http://www.eckelobjects.com/TIJ2/index.html (Bruce Eckel's nice Java into
> tutorial in PDF with audio)
> I for one find these audio/slide presentations the next best thing to being
> there, less the huge expense of being there.
>
> I would be willing to contribute my time to this project, which will help me
> along my learning curve. I have a friend who is a TV producer (anyone
> remember Milton Friedman's Free to Choose series on PBS a long time ago?)
> from whom I might perhaps mooch some free audio digitizing/editing time (not
> a promise)...If none of this can be done on an 'open source' basis, as does
> Bruce Eckel, then we can do it on a cost recovery basis so the time
> contributed by various folks (especially the Gurus) could be re-imbursed
> from a reasonable subscription rate. This approach could serve the Perl
> community at large if we do other topics as well. I am very curious to find
> out the opinions of the folks on this list.
>
> Just my 2cents worth.
>
> bakki
>
> Bakki Kudva
> Navaco
> (Electronic Document Management Solutions)
> phone: (814) 833-2592
> fax:      (603) 947-5747
> http://www.navaco.com/

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide http://perl.apache.org/guide/
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org