[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Matt Arnold) wrote:
>I came across poorly in my original message.  Some of my wording (e.g. l33t,
>h@x0r, sux, etc.) was a poor attempt at trying to make the message
>entertaining.  :-( <Shrug>  I feel badly that my poor wording and/or extreme
>tone is getting in the way of the intent.  I sincerely want to learn the
>performance issues of CGI.pm and Apache::Registry.  I'm sorry for the
>miscommunication.  If you find the message too inflammatory, please delete.

Thanks for the clarification.

In general, I find the performance differences between *any* of the various
mod_perl solutions to be of only minor importance.  There's not a whole lot of
difference between really fast and super fast, because both are faster than I
really need, and faster than my clients can accept the content anyway.

Of far greater importance is whether you can organize your code well using a
particular solution, whether you can scale your efforts well, and so on.  This
means that some people will enjoy the approach of Apache::Registry, others
Apache handler modules, or things like HTML::Mason or HTML::Embperl.  Mason is
the tool I like the best, just because I can organize things well and it just
"feels right" to me.  But I wouldn't try to change anyone's mind if they liked
a different tool more.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum