[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Doug MacEachern) wrote:
>i'll share my thoughts on this that we discussed at ApacheCon.
>i'm not sure about a dedicated "mod_perl conference" standing on it's own
>two feet.  at least, not at the production level of ApacheCon or oracon,
>but maybe something like YAPC.

I second that (actually, I think I firsted it, so maybe you second it =).

>if stas' idea were to spawn into another conference, i think the
>"Scripting languages for WebDev" idea is too broad.

Right, I don't think we want to get into all the various commercial products
that are available with their own little GUIs and whatnot.  Apache seems like a
good limiting factor for topical inclusion.

>sure, there might be some overlap with ApacheCon and oracon, but if it's
>scheduled at the right time, in the right place, i think it could work out
>quite well.

*That* I second.  The big thing we need now is an organizer (like Kevin Lenzo
did for YAPC 1999) and a venue - best if someone can be both.

I'd volunteer, but (a) my planning skills are legendarily bad, (b) my teaching
gig eats all my time, and (c) I have no venue.  Otherwise I'd jump at the
chance.  Perhaps I could help someone out if they want to be the main person?

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum