I really like your ideas, my experience with Oracle, USENIX, and O'Reilly
conferences is that the organizers are generally open to new formats but its
up to the user community to provide the content. If 20 people responded
to the RFP with papers about using Mason or Embperl, then O'Reilly would
setup a track dealing specifically with embedding Perl into HTML.

Its not too late to provide a greater modperl emphasis to the O'Reilly
conference:

http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon2000/bofs/

Looks like O'Reilly is still soliciting Birds of a Feather sessions ideas
for the Perl Conference 4.0. For my liver's sake, I hope there will be a
mod_perl-related BOF each night. :)

John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]