Soulhuntre wrote:

> [...]

For all intents and purposes, PerlEx is basically compatible with
mod_perl/Apache::Registry. However, the END {} blocks are interpreted
differently (augh!)... which shouldn't really be that much of an issue for
most programs.

The good thing about PerlEx as opposed to mod_perl/Win32 is that instead of
serializing all the calls to one Perl interpreter, ActiveState Perl actually
creates multiple Perl interpreter "objects" that can be round-robined among
the IIS threads.

> If so, that's a big boost for me...

I've been testing all my code on both PerlEx and mod_perl. And haven't had
very many problems at all with compatibility. I think UNIX/mod_perl is faster
than NT/IIS/PerlEx on the same hardware (from my unscientific observation),
but PerlEx seems much faster than ASPs.

Later,
   Gunther