On Thu, 18 May 2000, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> Looks cool, except can we take the guide splitting back 1 level? It
> seems to be split on =head2's, and should be split (IMO) on =head1's.

The reason for splitting on any =head level lies in fact that there are
huge sections under =head1 which have many =head{2,5}, and I'm slowly
reworking the Guide to making it more categorized (nested), rather than
flattened as it was before (and still is).

But we have thought about this issue. Look at the links at the bottom of
the splitted page -- it can take to the full version as well.

> One more point... The indexer or the searcher (or both) has a broken
> tokenizer for anything involving perl. Try searching for
> Apache::Constants, for example.

That's right. It's broken :( After searching for 'Apache::Constants' I've
got 'apach constant'...

The :: are stripped on the fly, since these cannot be used in index, so
when you look for Foo::Bar you are actually looking for 'Foo && Bar'.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://perl.org     http://stason.org/TULARC
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org