> > That would be nice to see. I'm afraid I'll continue on working on guide.
> > So if there anyone with a few free minutes on his hands, he/she might like
> > to contribute something back to community ;)
> >
> > Ideally, when we complete the tuning of the search engine, we will be able
> > to have the whole site, apache::asp and embperl pages searchable as well.
> > (with Perl style documentation in mind).
> >

> Stas,
>
> there is already a search frontend for the apache sites, at
> http://www.apache.org/search.html which is also able to search under
> perl.apache.org, but if you enter mod_perl, doesn't find anything :-(. Don't
> know if this is of any use and who is maintaining (or not maintaining) this
> page.

Heh, look at the bottom of the http://perl.apache.org/guide/index.html --
the search box from http://www.apache.org/search.html is there since the
day the guide is online. But as you said -- it's useless, as it's not good
for the kind of documentation we have.

I've posted a request for comments about the apache.org search engine to
the asf members list but it was ignored :(

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://perl.org     http://stason.org/TULARC
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org