On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Douglas Wilson wrote:

> Is there a reason this is not on CPAN?

        The reasons (not necessarily good ones) are:

        1. I haven't had the time to figure out their submission
           procedures.

        2. It's not (in my mind) in the "CPAN style" for the C++ part
           of the build, i.e., you can't just say:

                perl Makefile.PL
                make

           (You can say that for the Perl parts, however.)  The C++ part
           doesn't require Perl at all.

        3. Although in practice it will most likely be used with Perl
           or mod_perl, it's a stand-alone C++ library/API.

        - Paul