on 11/17/00 8:10 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] uttered the
following:

> supported by ld.  In order to get it to compile I edited
> $APACHE_SRC/src/modules/perl/Makefile after running configure and added the
> -rpath .... stuff without the comma to the LDFLAGS variables and removed all

This is assuming a static compile, but I'm trying to do a dso now...
Anyway, when I tried to do a static, I didn't get such ld errors, it
compiled all the way and the problem was with the tests, which wouldn't even
run because it found the httpd not working, although httpd was actually up
and when it tries to do the tests, it starts it, waits for it to warm up and
finds it running because it says "done" after a moment, so httpd does start,
but once the tests try to check on httpd for the second time before actually
running the tests, it gives an error because it can't get a reply from
httpd. The log file doesn't give anything useful to track this down and the
httpd that was started stays in there running...
I would prefer having mod_perl static anyway, if I could get it to pass the
tests, it would be a good thing...

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]