Here is an other one:

I finally got mod_perl statically compiled and installed with apache.
I didn't run the tests on mod_perl as they fail every time, maybe it has
something to do with what's going on now, I'm not sure. When I try to run
one of those test scripts that come with apache in the cgi-bin, only the one
with the shell works, not the perl one. I tried disabling suexec then
mod_perl, but it doesn't change anything with both disabled. CGI works but
not with perl, and I even tried it with tcl and the result is the same with
tcl and with perl. Using bash or sh work fine. The perl script printenv runs
manually on the system but not as a cgi. I checked and double checked the
permissions and ownerships, especially since I was trying to get suexec
enabled, I think I got all that right (I never used suexec before), but it
makes no difference anyway, because I disabled it and it's the same thing.
I looked of course in the error logs, including cgierrors, nothing useful
there, it only reports a 500 error (premature end of script headers) and
nothing more, even with loglevel at debug and the -w perl warnings on.
What could I be missing???

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]