yeah, I thought about that too - it would involve less overhead than
scanning for the location of the .htaccess file, but wouldn't be as friendly
as DispatchAccess On.

I also don't want to confuse people, though.  The issue here is <Directory>
v. <Location> and not specifically .htaccess files (any more, at least :) -
applying this to a <Location> could start to get obscure (as if it isn't
already :)

DispatchTrim "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/"  ?
DispatchBase (which is probably what I should have called DispatchISA) ?
DispatchDirectory ?

or do both that and have a .htaccess scan as well?

--Geoff