Gunther Birznieks wrote:

> Yeah, just use the mod_proxy model and then proxy to different mod_perl
> backend servers based on the URL itself.

Isn't this pretty much what I said is *a* solution?

> >I suppose I could do this now by having a front-end proxy, and mini-Apache
> >configs for each "group" I want, but that seems to be going too far (at this
> >stage), especially if the functionality already exists to do this within the
> >one server.

To me, this isn't very ideal. Even sharing most of an apache configuration
file, what is the overhead of running a separate server? And can multiple
Apache servers share writing to the same log files?

It also doesn't help if I have dozens of possible groupings - running dozens of
slightly different Apache's doesn't seem a clean solution. Hence me asking if
it was possible within the one Apache server to prioritise the allocation to
specific daemons, based on some criteria, which would be a more efficient and
dynamic solution, if it's possible.

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           [EMAIL PROTECTED] :